Award Winning Gold Coast Duplex Builders
With the ability to have two adjoining properties reside on a single plot, duplex homes give you the opportunity to extract maximum value from your land space. With more densely populated living arrangements becoming ever more prevalent in today’s society, especially in metropolitan areas, dual occupancy is the shrewd way of delivering the utmost investment potential for you. As award winning Gold Coast builders of spectacular duplex houses throughout South-East Queensland, we are speclialsts in the design and construction of duplex homes that accommodate your personal tastes, your occupancy needs and your budget. To discover more about our duplex building services, contact us today to arrange for an obligation-free consultation at your earliest convenience.
Duplex Home Design
Home builders will sometimes claim to have a set of standard duplex blueprints that can be applied to different plots of land, but the reality is, such blueprints are simply not feasible. Building a property that contains two houses side-by-side, presents unique challenges that aren’t typical of ordinary single home designs. Dual-occupancy properties require a custom design solution that takes into consideration such factors as the style, size and complexity of your land plot, your goals for the property and your budget constraints. Working in close collaboration with our in-house design team, we’ll create you the ultimate duplex home you have always dreamed of.
What Are The Advantages of Building a Duplex?
The cost of having a fabulous new custom duplex built on the Gold Coast is more affordable than you may think, and the investment incentives are hard to ignore. Building a duplex home offers a variety of important benefits to investors, including:
- Privacy – whilst it’s true that each property is connected by a common wall, there are no shared rooms or entrances. Each property is totally self-contained, equipped with its own individual amenities, bedrooms, courtyards and in most cases, garages as well
- Income potential – whether you’re looking to have a duplex built and live in it, while renting out the attached property, or buying it with for the sole purpose of leasing both properties, a duplex offers tremendous investment opportunities
- Preferable to a granny flat – when you’ve made the decision to sell, a duplex is often far more attractive to home buyers, than traditional house and granny flat setups are
- Strata title is optional – the option to have no strata title enables you to enjoy a greater rental income
Is a Duplex Home Design Suitable for My Block of Land?
Although there are many good reasons to build a duplex, there are a number of considerations that must be taken into account before the decision can be made, including:
Council zoning laws – your plot of land must be wider than the minimum required in order to satisfy duplex zoning regulations
- Drainage – it will need to be proven that the two conjoined properties existing in a single piece of land, will not create any drainage or stormwater issues
Thankfully, all local councils have duplex building guidelines readily available for the public to view, to quickly determine if a block of land is suitable for construction
Why Unique Homes?
- Award Winning Designs: Throughout the years, we’ve been honoured with countless awards in recognition of our home building prowess, with the most recent one being 2016 Queensland Master Builders’ Award for ‘Best Display Home Over $500,001’
- An Enjoyable Experience: Having your dream home built for you is one of the most exciting times of your life, but it can also be stressful. At Unique Homes, everything is conducted with the utmost transparency and professionalism, ensuring the entire process runs smoothly and without hassle. From your initial consultation, through to the design, construction and ultimate handover of the keys to your glorious new residence, we ensure that your experience with us is a memorable one
- Only The Finest Quality: At Unique Homes, we understand that all businesses live and die by their reputation. This is especially true in the home building industry, where negative consumer opinion can quickly signal the end of a company. At Gold Coast Unique Homes, we always endeavour to provide the utmost standards of excellence in everything that we do. We like to think of our employees as ambassadors for the Unique Homes brand and as such, all personnel are not only highly skilled in their respective fields but treat all clients with the utmost care and compassion whenever they deal with them. Additionally, all contractors employed by us are very experienced at what they do and possess a flawless work history
- Expert Supervision: Every duplex built by us is directly supervised by our managing director and certified Queensland Master Builder, Jim Taylor, who has coordinated the construction of hundreds of luxury properties through the Gold Coast and South-East Queensland
- What Our Clients Say: Our clients are the ultimate judges of the services we provide. To learn what they have to say about our services, please visit our client testimonials page.